THE BED is an ongoing project of a series portraying women from Sri Lanka.
Individual women sitting on one bed, living and taking different paths, having different dreams, coming from different origins and Religions and going through different battles.
I want to highlight their story, their femininity, their beauty, their fragility as well as their power.
I would love to find other BEDS in other countries like Iran, Japan, India, Russia, China and more... If you are willing to provide a BED, whatever country you are from, please contact me and let's have a chat.
THE BED est un projet en évolution présentant des portraits de femmes du Sri Lanka.
Des femmes se présentant assise sur un même lit, choisissant et vivant des voies différentes, ayant des rêves différents, venant d'origines et de Religions différentes et traversant des batailles différentes.
Je veux mettre en avant leur parcours, leur féminité, leur beauté, leur fragilité tout comme leur force.
J'aimerais trouver un autre BED (lit) dans d'autres pays tels que l'Iran, le Japon, l'Inde, la Russie, la Chine et plus encore... Si vous êtes prêt à me trouver ou me fournir ce BED, quelque soit votre pays, je serai ravie d'en discuter avec vous. Merci de me contacter.
• Nazreen Sansoni is a poet and an art curator
• Tracy Holsinger is an award winning director, teacher, actress and an activist living in Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Subha Wijesiriwardena is a feminist activist, researcher, actress and writer/blogger from Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Carmen Perera is an interior designer and a free spirit
• Upeka Chitrasena was a Sri Lankan traditional dancer for 50 years. She stopped her professional career in 2011 and is now teaching to the young generations in the Academy created by the dancing duo, the late Chitrasena and his wife Vajira, her parents
• Radhika Hettiarachchi is a development practitioner, arts curator, and researcher who has worked extensively in the areas of reconciliation, peace, and conflict.
• Pat is an interior designer and photographer
• Layla is an interdisciplinary conceptual artist in Sri Lanka
• Ameena Hussein is a sociologist, a writer, editor and publisher
• Nicola Bolling is an Art director